Need some questions to get you started?
Keep in mind, shame works by making us feel uncomfortable, so if it feels weird or hard talking about these things, that’s okay! Talking about it will make it a little bit easier every time.
· How does your family talk about periods? Do you talk about them with any men in the family?
· What kinds of words or phrases do you use to talk about it? (On the rag? Aunt Flow? Your monthly?)
· What was each of your first periods like? How did you tell your mother?
· Did you talk about periods in your house before you got yours?
· Did your mum do anything intentionally different from her own growing up?